If you drive a lot for work or have kids and pets, you know how hard it can be to keep the inside of your car clean.
Here are 10 cleaning tips and tricks to make your car’s interior sparkle again.
10 Pro Tips for Your Car Interior Cleaning
Before you begin with the cleaning make sure you have all the needed supplements and materials including a vacuum, trash bag, glass cleaner, carpet cleaner, paper towels, and rags.
1. Before you pull out the vacuum and cleaning supplies, get in and look around. There will likely be trash on the floor, under the seats, and in the seat cracks. Toss out any wrappers, bottles, toys, and other objects that your vacuum can’t handle.
2. Then remove the floor mats and shake them out to remove dust, dirt, and debris. Keep them away and vacuum them separately later.
3. Cup holders can be one of the nastiest parts of the car’s interior because of the build-up of moisture and dirt. The trick to cleaning it spotlessly is spraying a glass cleaner into them and letting it for 5-10mins. Then use a paper towel to clean out the dirt.
4. Now it’s time for a vacuum. Vacuum your car’s interior from the top-down, starting at the top of the seats, dashboard, and console before moving to the floor.
5. You don’t need special tools to clean out tight interior areas. An old toothbrush or cotton buds are amazing for getting in all the nooks and crannies of the car and will be incredibly helpful in cleaning small spaces such as vents, seams, buttons, and switches.
6. The secret ingredient to super shiny dashboards is hiding in your kitchen – olive oil. If you want the same effect without the olive oil smell, baby oil is a great alternative.
7. For stains on the carpet, use a carpet cleaner and a stiff bristle brush to rub it into the carpet. Fabric stains should be dealt with foam cleanser. If your seats are leather, then make sure to use a leather cleanser or saddle soap to clean your seats.
8. If you have a dog, you know the pain of dealing with pet fur. If the vacuum doesn’t remove all the fur, try using a balloon. Just blow up the balloon and rub it on the seats to create static electricity and remove the rest of the pet fur.
9. To get rid of Odor that comes from dirt or garbage you left in the car sprinkle baking soda on the floors and seats. This will help eliminate odors.
10. After everything, re-vacuum the car. This will remove any dirt and grim that was knocked out during the cleaning process. Place the vacuumed floor mats back inside your car.